Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vanguard Tour day...??

Wow...the days have become a blur of fun and music and miles on the road. Where to begin?
Since the last update we've made our way from Chicago to Traverse City to Ohio to Nashville, TN.
Traverse City was a quick in and out compared to past years, with one field show and one parade, but the kids had a blast. They even got to spend a few hours walking around the Cherry Fest grounds. From there it was on to Ohio and Cedar Point Amusement Park...the roller coaster capital of the world. We had a blast and it was a well-deserved day of fun for everybody.
Then came the highlight of the 2013 tour...Nashville. It's hot down here but there's so much to see and do. Our time here included a tour of the historic Ryman Auditorium, where virtually every big name in country music has performed, and a catered dinner (pork and chicken from Hog Heaven) at Centennial Park (complete with a life-size replica of the Parthenon!)
We're up and out of here early tomorrow for the trip back to Illinois, but I thought I'd leave you with some quotes from the kids about the tour so far. And be sure to keep checking FaceBook for pictures!

"I love it! (Maddie Thorne)
"I like amusement parks and it was fun to be with my friends." (Adam Schwartz)
"Honestly, I'm not even kidding...Traverse City is the best." (Phillip Roethlisberger)
"I'm having so much fun I can't even think straight." (Drum Major Hailey Johnson)

No comments:

Post a Comment